Saturday, August 15, 2009

First shopping trip

I woke up this morning really wanting to invent a reason to ride my new xtracycle somewhere. Since Dennis was at school helping prepare the new playground, I had the kids by myself. I decided to pile them on and ride up to Crossroads to do some errands in preparation for Peter's upcoming birthday party. We needed fabric to make gift bags, plus party supplies at the party store. While we were there, Dennis called and suggested we ride over to checkout the progress on the playground, which we happily did. Since my saddlebags were pretty full at that point, and since the kids wanted to "help" at the playground, I unloaded my bags and the kids for Dennis to take home, and rode to Trader Joe's for some grocery shopping. The cart was about 2/3 - 3/4 full, and I fit it all into 3 bags plus a gallon of milk. I could have fit a few more things in. On the ride home I got a comment from a neighbor that it looked like an awesome way to shop for groceries.

Later I made a return trip to school to retrieve an item that had been left. I was pleased that it only took me 15 minutes to get there, and 20-ish to get back (due to hills).

Also, see new stoker bar and kickstand in the picture...the result of yesterday's trip to the bike shop.

Bike miles today: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment