Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family ride

Today Dennis tried out my xtracycle on a family shopping trip. He and Peter rode on it, and I put Megan on my back and rode Dennis' mountain bike. We rode up to Crossroads and hit Westernco Donut for a special treat. No bike racks outside, but an acceptable railing right in front of store to lock the bikes to. I bought a Kryptonite cable lock (rather than U-shaped) out of fear that I would not find adequate, convenient racks for locking my bike at the places I'll be riding to in Bellevue and Redmond. So far I am very glad that I went that route.

Then we rode over to Petco and picked up some items for the new kitty we are likely getting on Tuesday. Dennis was skeptical that the kitty litter box would fit on the bike, but the xtracycle came through. I think I will be buying the wideloader attachments soon, though, just so I have more carrying options.



The bike rack situation at Petco was abysmal. No racks and no workable posts, railings, or anything else in front of the store. We did find a rack a ways away, in front of the main mall building, that we ended up using, but I was not happy about it. I forgot to suggest to the Petco employees that they add one. Will have to remember that for next time. Not that it's likely to help...but maybe with enough mentions at enough stores, some things will change in time.


Bike miles today: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment