Monday, August 24, 2009

A few days off

Today I got back on the bike after 3 days off. The weekend was busy with preparing for a family birthday party for Peter (turning 5) and some excursions around the metro area that were just too far to go by bike.

On Friday we took the new cat to the vet. The vet is very close, and I'm hoping to test out carrying her on the bike one of these days. Once I get the wide loaders, I may try strapping the kennel onto them. Also thought of carrying her in one of those front pack carriers (think baby carrier). We'll see. Anyway I didn't think the first vet trip was the time to try it.

I have to admit that I took the car for a very short trip to buy ice on Saturday. We were rushing around trying to get ready for the party, and I just didn't think I could take the extra 10 minutes it would have taken to have gone by bike. I'm still sort of regretting it. However, thinking back, I truly didn't have 10 minutes to spare. I was still getting ready as guests were arriving, so perhaps it's a good thing I wasn't 10 minutes later than I already was.

Generally speaking, I think it might be challenging to adjust our lives to allow extra time for biking every time I'd like to.

Bike miles today: 4

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jenny! You rock --- what an inspiration. I try to bike to work a few days a week, but never got over the mental hump of carting the kids around that way...

    ReplyDelete